Update 1.3.5

edited February 2010 in General
Does this update have the audiocopy and audiopaste function ?

Comments

• edited 3:20AM
    It seems so, but not Sonoma's one!
    So I think there is no app that implements this one for now...
    It seems so, but not Sonoma's one!
    So I think there is no app that implements this one for now...

I really can't believe that Beatmaker doesn't support the super valid Sonoma's AudioCopy/Paste features!
    Intua people?
    It is truely unfortunate that Intua choose to go down a separate path. We do not need two let alone three standards for a pasteboard. I would love to read a statement from intua why they choose to split up the music app community.
    Hi,

First of all, ioLibrary was not a standard, neither AudioCopy/Paste is.
    We wanted to use a more open and standard solution that any iPhone developer can easily and freely implement. We are simply using the general pasteboard of the iPhone, where audio data copy and paste exist by default, just like for copying text (for which we provided example code to developers on our website).
    There are also other technical issues that refrain us from supporting Sonoma AudioCopy/Paste at the moment.

We are still in talks with other audio application vendors to push through this direction. Please also understand the Apple deadline for removing ioLibrary support was very short (January 31th), making it very difficult to get a consensus between audio app vendors on the solution that should be adopted. More news should come up on the subject soon.

Thank you,
    Intua Team.
    I am implementing support for both AudioCopy/Paste and BeatMaker's generic pasteboard interface in ThumbJam (<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://thumbjam.com">http://thumbjam.com</a><!-- m -->).

Intua, it seems like we still need an "official" name for your style of audio copy/paste so that users know what they're getting when other apps implement it. I don't think it makes sense to reference BeatMaker since it is intended to be an open spec. A name and icon would go a long way to establishing some precedent.

Also, it would be nice if a group of us could establish some conventional metadata to go along with it, even a name would be nice.
    I just wanted to know when that will be done an has beatmakers copy and paste has it''s own name?
    I have added an audio bridge to AudioView.
    You can now copy from the Intua pasteboard onto the Sonoma AudioCopy pasteboard and back.
    This has just been approved hours ago.